Friday, April 12, 2013

Release

Author's Note: I recently read Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.  I have written poetry in a while, so that is how I chose to respond to the novel in this way.  There is also a structure to the way I wrote the poem.  The story had a great message behind it and there's a message in this poem, too.  It's written between the lines.


realizing there's No one else,
a promise Of reliance,
Because we owe it to each other,
friends.

above and belOw,
the tribulations and challenges,
on the cusp of Doubt,
hardships.

side bY side,
alwayS and evermore,
in this together,
pArtners.

with my life,
I swear to you,
a sense of Dependence,
oath.

through It all,
i will Take care of you,
you Will take cAre of me,
companionS.

may it cEase,
pAinlesSly for Your heart,
never was cold,
end.





No comments:

Post a Comment